Sunday, November 27, 2011

HAPPY BELATED THANKSGIVING!

So, this post is pretty overdue, but better late than never, right?
I (Isabelle) spent Thanksgiving with my family in surprisingly warm Chicago. My mom cooked everything but dessert, which has never really been her thing. Legend has it she nearly burned our house down trying to boil water. So I took on the classic pumpkin pie.

I followed the recipe on the back of the can, and the result was amazing. It tasted just as Thanksgiving pies should, delicious and filling. Unfortunately, I did not have time to get a picture of the finished pie before my family scarfed the whole thing down, so enjoy the pre-oven pictures below.



There are so many things that I am thankful for this year that I can't even begin to list all of them. For starters, I am thankful for my generous and wonderful family who I love so much even though we don't always get along. I am thankful for my fantastic, hilarious, and sometimes insane friends who I would not be able to live without and who make each day interesting, to say the least. Especially when they do things like this.


I am thankful for the great education I receive and how lucky I am to be able to go to school unlike so many other children. I am thankful for the happiness I've had this year and the amazing memories I've made that I never want to forget. And I am finally thankful for the little things in life, like an accidental run-in with one of my best friends at Gap and the inspiration to write a little blog post like this one.
I spent the rest of Thursday afternoon before and after the big feast watching Season 1 of Gossip Girl. Couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving break. Let the Christmas music begin!

1 comment: